4Elements® Seat Covers
4Elements by Black Duck® SeatCovers is tested to withstand tough conditions without compromising on comfort. Featuring a 19.2oz Cotton Twill Composite, this is a heavyweight product with a soft and flexible feel for the ultimate in seat protection.
Made from a 100% waterproof material that is also machine washable to keep your vehicle seats in pristine condition – you won’t be disappointed!
Our most advanced seat cover yet!
- 19.2 oz Cotton Twill Composite
- Hard Wearing Protection
- 100% Waterproof Material
- Soft and Flexible
- Machine Washable
- UV Resistant
- Tailored Fit for Comfort and Style
- Air-bag Compatible
- Exclusive to Black Duck
- Available in Black and Grey
Proudly Australian Made
Our heavy-duty canvas seat covers are made in Australia using Australian made materials developed specifically for the harsh Australian climate. With manufacturing facilities in WA and over 1,900 resellers across Australia, your perfect seat cover is never far away!
- Gentle, cold machine wash (<30C)
- Lay flat to dry
- Ensure the seat covers are fully dry before placing on vehicle seats
DO NOT tumble dry
DO NOT dry clean
DO NOT use detergent
DO NOT use bleach
DO NOT iron
Our seat covers go through a rigorous design process to ensure they not only offer a tailored fit to your specific seat design, but they are also designed to be as simple as possible to fit. Let’s help get you ready for your #blackduckadventure!
We recommend unpacking each seat separately to avoid mixing up the driver, passenger and rear seat parts. Remove the covers from the packaging and lay them out to check that you have all the correct parts.
You should have:
- Seat base
- Backrest (sometimes base and back are attached)
- Armrest (if applicable)
- Each piece is identified on the inside with a white label. On the Driver and Passenger seat label, there will be a ‘DR’ to indicate Driver and a ‘PA’ to indicate Passenger. If you have seat fitted air-bags, the teal AIRBAG label will go on the outside/window side of the seat
- Vacuum your original seats and remove anything from the seat pockets.
Fitting the seat base:
- Slide the cover over the seat base, ensuring it is clear from any levers and buttons, line up the seams of the cover to the seams of the seat and massage into place
- Once the cover is in line with the seams of the seat, push the centre flap through the seat base until you can see it pop out the back of your seat. (In some models you may need to detach the carpet on the back of your seat to allow access)
- Pull the side flaps around and attach to the centre flap. Check to make sure none of the seat's levers and buttons is obstructed
- If included in the seat cover design, pull straps under the seat, clearing all tracks and fittings. Pull tight and fasten to the opposite side – test movement of seat to ensure nothing is obstructed
- Seat base fitting complete
Fitting the backrest:
- Remove headrest (if applicable)
- Slide cover over the top (like a jumper), make sure the back of the cover does not catch in the pocket on the back
- Line up the seams of the cover to the seams of the seat and massage into place
- Push the flap through the base of the seat, just like you did with the base
- Pull through tight and attach to the back of the seat
- Slide the headrest cover over the headrest with the label on the front and secure the flaps. This is designed to be a tight fit so make sure you have the seams lined up
- Replace the headrest.
- Backrest fitting complete
Repeat this process for the passenger seat and rear seats.
Once you have had your covers for a couple of weeks, we advise that you re-tension them as they will mould to the shape of your seat over time. This will leave you with the best fit possible.
Only Black Duck® SeatCovers that are labelled as being Air-bag compatible are to be fitted to vehicles with seat fitted air-bags. Black Duck® SeatCovers must not be fitted to seats containing side-impact air-bag components unless they are the correct seat covers with the appropriate certification. Black Duck® SeatCovers accepts no responsibility or liability if this warning is not adhered to.
Black Duck has been working with canvas products for over 35 years, and as the pioneers of seat protection, we are continuously working on new materials to improve our range. 4Elements was launched in April 2019, after years of research and development based on feedback from our loyal customers. This means you no longer have to choose between durability and comfort when buying a seat cover, this material offers both.
4Elements is tested to a number of Australian Standards, including, Abrasion Resistance, Water Penetration (hydrostatic head) and Colour Fastness. That means that the material is durable, waterproof and will retain its colour over time - even when exposed to the harsh Australian sun. We have also tested 4Elements for use on leather seats and have found that the material did not leave any damage and is safe to use no matter which material is on your original vehicle seats.
As 4Elements is machine washable, it is suitable for any application that is subjected to heavy soiling or spills that require a deeper clean. Perfect for anything from your daily drive with messy kids and pets in the car to a muddy 4WD adventure or fishing trip.
We currently have patterns to suit a wide range of vehicles and all patterns are tailored to fit each specific seat design. This ensures all safety features and functionality of the seat is retained, including armrests, cup holders, levers and adjusters. The tailored fit, specific to each vehicles' seat design, also ensures that minimal dust and dirt reaches the original seat. Your seats are one of the first areas of your vehicle that starts showing signs of wear and tear, so keeping these protected can have a positive impact on your vehicle's resale value when it comes time to trade it in.
The Black Duck range of air-bag compatible seat covers is dynamically tested and certified to ensure Vehicle Standard Australian Design Rule 72/00 (Dynamic Side Impact Occupant Protection 2005) is not adversely affected. We use advanced manufacturing techniques which allow the required air-bag release in the event of an accident, without compromising the safety of the occupants of the vehicle.
What our customers say
ARB Team Memeber
I was very impressed because it showed they were water tight!
When I first fitted them they were easy to install, everything lined up and it only took me 20 minutes to do my whole vehicle. They clean easy, don’t rub off on clothing (being black I thought they would rub off on white). I have a pretty social lifestyle, I go 4by with mates and usually get water or mud through the car. I have mates that like to get in my car covered in dirt and dust. I also motorbike ride and tend to chuck my gear in the back after a ride. These seat covers have been tested to their full potential with me. I have had mates drinking spill bundy over them, one of them cooked snags on my back seat with the butane and the heat didn’t affect them (wouldn’t recommend by the way)! The day after a BNS I discovered bundy cans in the pocket of the front seat and the spilled bundy was still sitting in the pocket! I was very impressed cause it showed they were water tight! They clean very well for the bundy I soaked it up, sprayed it so it didn’t go sticky and they were good as new. I had my moto boots and gear on the back seat after a ride, they left dirt and mud on the back seat, again came straight off with a vac and wipe. They survived a BNS with people getting in and out of the Rado and everything else in between. They for sure get full points from me."